Friday, October 5, 2012

JCrew Majesty Peacoat

It isn't often you find a coat that has you wishing for cooler weather.  This may be the only coat I have ever actually put on and LOVED.  Like really loved. 

The JCrew Majesty Peacoat


Now I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this coat, but the second I put it on I knew it was going to be a keeper and last forever.  It is a "stadium cloth" wool coat, meaning it's a tightly woven wool and it is VERY heavy.  I am pretty sure that this will do a better job with warmth than say my old Calvin Klein peacoat, and not be as warm as my North Face puffer coat. 

I ended up ordering this in a size 2, generally in Jcrew I wear a 0 or 00 or a 2 depending on the items.  Even in a 2 this has enough room for a sweater underneath while still maintaining a very nice fitted and flattering shape.

The details are what really make this a standout piece for me. 

I am weird about the sleeve length of all tops, jackets included.  This is the perfect length, it hits just below the wrist when your arm is extended. 




The collar of this jacket is another thing that has me completely hooked, it is oversized while being in perfect proportion to the coat and at the same time not overwhelming. 




Overall I am very excited about this jacket, it has a great fit, great details, and is currently 25% off.  What else could you want in a coat?!






0 comments:

Post a Comment