Monday, February 13, 2012

Providence Gem - Mill's Tavern

Let me start out by saying I love Mill's Tavern Restaurant Providence, RI.  Love Love LOVE it.  It really is an amazing place to spend a fabulous dinner, one of my favorite things about it is the absolute consistency of the experience.  We have been here no less than 9 times and it has been a knock-out every time.  Every.single.time.  Ok so J's meal wasn't so out-of-the-park amazing this time, but mine was :-)  Another huge positive here is the wine list, it is pretty large, but more importantly there is a nice selection.  I have enjoyed both the Brazin Old Vine Zin priced at $36 and the Moriz (maybe?) Pinot Noir for $53.  Outstanding bottles of wine both of them!

One thing you  will notice in this blog post is a lack of photos of the food.  Why you ask?  Because I devoured it the second it arrived that's why.  Believe me, I actually intended on taking pictures this time around just so I could share them with you, but alas, I was about 5 bites in before I even remembered I was supposed to snap photos. 

So instead of pictures you get a recap of the courses, close your eyes and try to imagine the yummy goodness, excellent service, and amazing surroundings. 

First Course: Cheeseplate - featuring a selection of 3 cheeses from Farmstead in Providence RI (this place is also awesome) and of course the cheeseboard comes with sauces and candied things and apple slices and all sorts of delicious pairings.

Entrees: I had a pork chop something or other that was brined and served with potatoes and applesauce.  J had a Monkfish wrapped in bacon, this was a little below the expectation we have for Mill's Tavern, it was a little dry and tasted like it may have been frozen. 

Dessert: Warm Choolate Lava cake.  I need no other words.


Are you drooling yet? You should be.  This is another place on my list of "if you haven't been here yet, make your reservation now."  Like right now.

And next time I promise to take you photos.  Honest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment